Programming at the Jack Studio
- We’re always keen to welcome new companies to the Jack, with bold and ambitious ideas and great stories to tell
- Throughout the year we programme a diverse mix of productions, providing a platform for new writing, innovative revivals of classic texts and musical theatre
- We programme one to four week runs
- We do not programme one off performances
- We’re pleased to meet companies interested in coming to the Jack to discuss your proposal and production plans. We are happy to discuss how we can help to make your project possible
- Please see our production archive on our website for examples of past programming
- Due to the number of enquiries we receive, we aim to respond to you within four weeks. Please note, that we do not give feedback on unsolicited scripts or on productions we are unable to programme.
If you have an exciting idea for a theatre project, we’d love to hear from you!
We’re here to help you bring your production to life.
What We Offer
Companies who bring their work to the theatre are offered:
- A week’s free rehearsal space and one free audition day
- Further rehearsal dates at a highly discounted rate
- Marketing support – we create and distibute your press release, listings, send regular e-shots and social media posts
- Practical advice on how to realise your project
- Use of the Jack’s props and costume store
- The Jack has a very competitive rehearsal and hire fee. We can offer box office splits for productions, or we can work on a straight hire fee
For more information about what to expect during your time at the Jack Studio and see ourbooking options, please click here
What we need
If you’re interested in bringing a theatre production to the Jack, we require the following information from you. Please do send this on with your venue enquiry.
- Company details, reviews and production images of past productions, where possible
- A copy of the script if it is a new play
- If performing rights are available
- An outline of your preferred dates and the proposed length of run
We are happy to arrange a time for interested companies to visit the theatre, should the project be suitable for our programming. You can also view our 360-degree tour of the venue.